[WPTA] Trouble with U joint retainer clips

Ray Mihalko raymihalko at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:43:39 MST 2022

All,
I am trying to replace the U joints on the diff side of the propeller shaft on a GT6.  After installing the U joint, I pressed both ends in as far as they would go.  I can insert the retaining clip on one side, but not on the other. It seems I only need a very tiny fraction of an inch of clearance to get the clip in but can’t get it in.

Eventually after pressing extremely forcibly with the C  clamp tool the cup failed on the opposite end.  I going to take it apart to see if I had some trash or a needle bearing in the bottom of the cups but I’ll likely find nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ray Mihalko

Sent from my iPhone