[WPTA] PJ’s Birthday Run To Olives & Peppers

Ross, Lawrence LawrenceRoss at allstate.com
Thu Aug 25 08:35:20 MDT 2022

PJ’s Birthday Run To Olives & Peppers by PJ Wright

Come August 27, a Saturday, we will be gathering the Anglophiles for a drive through the countryside to the Olives and Peppers train station restaurant in Greensburg.
Through back roads, this run will be about 60 miles long, on surprisingly smooth or recently paved two lane roads. Your tax dollars at work!
We will meet at the Canonsburg Sheetz at the corner of Route 19 and Weavertown Road at 10:00. The drivers’ meeting will be at 10:15. We plan to be at the restaurant between 12:30 and 1:00.
You will enjoy this leisurely drive which has lots of welcome shade, a double roundabout to navigate, some cows and horses and lots of sweet corn for sale.
The pit stop will be at the Get Go on Route 51, south of the Elizabeth bridge. From there we will be on the road to lunch and a cold beer of your choice.
There is a full bar if wine or sasparilla is your preference. Folks that can’t make the starting point could plan to join us at the pit stop or for lunch. As usual, by 9:45 I will have a supply donut holes, birthday wishes are optional.

Larry Ross
Membership Director
(412) 780-8495 - cell