[WPTA] Isolation work

Pat Ledford dpledford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:01:52 MDT 2020

I tried to post earlier and add a couple of photos but this mail list will
not accept that large of files.  I started to just correct some serious oil
leaks and shipwrights disease and OMG told over.  I dropped the engine and
transmission to change some seals, I gave Scott my trans for an over haul
and also had the high speed fifth gear installed.  It is done and sitting
on his counter waiting for me to go and pick it up.  He said it looked so
nice it was a good advertisement.

I pulled the timing cover off the engine to check the timing chain and of
course that needed changed.  Looked at the cam, yep some wear there, I used
plastic gauge on a rod bearing and of course there were just out of spec.
Block and crank were sent to the machinist.  I ordered new 10.5 pistons 20
thousands over, 258 degree Crower cam, piston bearing are one size over
crank can stay standard.  While waiting on machine work I converted the DHC
bumper to a coupe bumper which eliminated 37 pounds.  I also removed the
dash to install a new Ranco valve.

Saturday’s nice weather allowed me to paint the engine bay and the new
rally spoiler.  Today I installed the Poly spring seats on the front struts
and ran the heads out to the machine shop.  Hopefully British Car Day can
be held and I am done by then.

I ran across a TBI EfI at a great price although that will be next winter.
But for now I will just run a 4bbl.
--
*Patrick *

*1980 TR-8 TPVDV8AT209637*

* Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association*

*The Wedge Owners Association (TWOA)*