[WPTA] Two WPTA Notices

Ed Major ejmajortr3a at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 09:21:31 MDT 2020

Hello All,
The August 2020 issue of the Dzus Dnuz has been uploaded to the web site at:
www.wptriumph.org under the “Members Only” section.

There are four extra pages of photos in the electronic version from the Tune Up Clinic and the Countryside Tour

If you need a WPTA User Name and password please contact Dexter Stoltz at:
webmaster at wptriumph.org
Thank you
Ed Major

Half Day run to Sporting Clays Grille

by P. J. Wright

Need to get away?  Where have you heard that before?  Well, the annual Half Day Run is again on the agenda and will commence on Saturday, August 1, 2020.   We will be gathering at the Allegheny County Airport in West Mifflin, drivers meeting at 9:45, on the road by 10:00.

This year we will be driving to the Sporting Clays Grille on the mountain behind the Seven Springs Mountain resort.   The run is about 65 miles, but will take about two hours due to the back roads and the usual pit stop at Sheetz.  A good portion of this drive will be on roads overshadowed with trees making it more comfortable assuming we will be in the hot August sun. All the roads are smooth and nowhere will you be traveling on tar and chipped
surfaces.

The Sporting Clays Grille has a very large outdoor deck partially covered from the sun with tables set for the pandemic so bring your mask.  They have a good menu with a full bar including several different draft beers.  We have been there before so while you can sometimes hear the trap and skeet shooters, they are a quarter of a mile away so we are neither in range nor are they in sight.  Your bonnets and boots are safe from falling shot but not from birds.  I can’t arrange everything!!

However, should you be apprehensive in these times about being around crowds here is an alternative. Not five miles away from the entrance to Seven Springs is the Laurel Hill State Park with all the usual state park stuff including a lake and many picnic tables.  Pack your picnic lunch and bug spray if so inclined, but remember there will be cold beer and a cool breeze at the SC grille.  Plus all of us!

I am sure you are tired of being quarantined so fire up your British machine and join us for a summer drive and lunch on the mountain.