[Vintage-race] Verizon cell service at VIR

Mack McCormack mccormackrr at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 06:14:03 MDT 2008

Hello All:

Cell service at VIR is unbelievably poor for those of us with  Verizon service.  I have made multiple  calls to Verizon and spoke to some very sympathetic people.  I was told that at  VIR, there are no Verizon towers but rather service comes from their partners'  towers (names of partners not specified).  If a lot of people are trying to make  calls all at the same time (which is the case at VIR) then the tower becomes  overburdened and the phone searches for the next closest tower for a signal,  when in fact there are no "next closest towers".  I was told that Verizon is  always expanding their service and if they receive enough input about a specific  area they will address it promptly.  The Verizon representative suggested having  as many Verizon customers as possible send an email to Verizon (instructions  below) stating their dissatisfaction with the cell service at VIR and requesting  that it be improved.  She also suggested including the address of the track to  help
 them pinpoint the specific area.  She was quite firm that if enough people  write that something will happen sooner rather than later to improve the  service.

Soall you Verizon customers out there who are completely  frustrated at not being able to use your cell phone at VIR.please send them an  email!  It only takes a few minutes, and this is how you can do it:

Go  to www.verizonwireless.com
At the top, click on "contact us"
Enter your zip code and click  next
Under "send us an email" click on the type of Verizon customer you  are
Fill in the required info (name, email address, etc.)
Under "topic"  click on "network and coverage"
Under "subtopic" click on "report service  issue"

Your email should state that you have very limited cell service  (or none, if you're like me) at VIR and you would be very happy if the situation  could be improved by having a Verizon tower at the track.  I was told that if  you could include the address of the track it would be very helpful to them.   The address of the track is 1245 Pine Tree Road, Alton, VA  24520.

Can't hurt...might help

Mack