[Vintage-race] Sad News - Al Leake Jr. 1938 -2008

dmeadow at juno.com dmeadow at juno.com
Sat Feb 2 14:28:56 MST 2008

And here is what appears to be his his car for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-Vintage-Racecar_W0QQi
temZ110218917396QQihZ001QQcategoryZ98064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
Item

Item number 110218917396 if the long link doesn't work for you.

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:02:28 -0500 mhkitchen at aol.com writes:
> All:
>
> It is with sadness that I inform you, that today's local paper
> contained the obituary of our racing friend, Al Leake Jr, who passed
> on January 25th.?? Many of you know Al from his obsession and love
> of all things Alfa Romeo.? Al most recently raced his very quick,
> long-time Gulietta Spyder in vintage venues, but his racing history
> goes back for many years with the SCCA, where I believe he held
> several championships, as well as various track class records.? For
> a time, Al also dabbled with a racing shoe business he founded,
> known as Hot Shoes (I still use mine and will remember him as I
> do).?? Apparently, Al lost a recent battle with pancreatic cancer.?
> A memorial service is planned to be held at his home in Boulder
> Creek, CA on Februrary 16, but further information was not
> immediately available.? If I learn anything further, I will post
> it.? Our thoughts go out to Al's family.? Please pass this on.
>
> FYI, here is a link to tributes to Al on the Alfa board:?

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/54161-al-leake-notable-alfist
i.html