[Vintage-race] NORPAC & Oregon Region Vintage Points

John A. Rollins no_bozos at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 9 07:19:08 MDT 2007

Just out of curiosity, where do the various organizations stand on the
Hoosier Radial "DOT" tire which is essentially a slick with two grooves?  Do
you consider it a slick or a "DOT molded tread tire" (to use the term from
the NORPAC rules)?  The Florida regions Vintage program, which still adheres
to the pre-'73 eligibility period, has disallowed it for use on production
vehicles but I thought I might get a "read" from the other Vintage
organizations.

Thanks, in advance, for your input.

*8o)
John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA

Website: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-nobozos