From acstults at hushmail.com Thu Oct 1 16:12:40 2026 From: acstults at hushmail.com (Allan Stults) Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2026 15:12:40 -0700 Subject: [TR] TR 3 gas cap In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <3de3ea19f10365b272fcb5425a057202f6f4ebab29143527@smtp.hushmail.com> Tony, Great idea! The hose is definitely attached and moving in sync when twisting the cap. I have both the upper and lower clamps fully loosened. I will try your suggestion right now! Thanks,Allan On 10/1/2026 at 12:05 AM, "Tony Drews" wrote: I wonder if the interconnect hose is loose on the gas tank but still attached to the cap. Maybe tighten the clamp on the gas tank end and then see if you can twist it? That would hopefully break it loose from the hose. Regards, Tony On 9/30/2026 5:59 PM, Allan Stults wrote: Randy, Thank you! I fully loosened the hose clamps and was able to twist the cap. It now rotates fairly easily, but I can't get any movement upwards. Is there a special tool that a body shop may have to lift the cap out? Allan On 9/30/2026 at 2:34 PM, "Randy and Valerie DeRuiter" wrote: Allan- As long as you are sure you don't have the earlier threaded cap on the car now my guess is your cap is still stuck to the interconnect hose between the cap and tank. Do you have the hose clamps loosened fully? I would try twisting the cap until you see movement then try to pull out. There should be a rubber grommet installed which should protect the paint. Randy ------------------------- From: Triumphs on behalf of Allan Stults Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:46 PM To: triumphs at autox.team.net Subject: [TR] TR 3 gas cap I've got a '62 TR 3B that I had painted over last winter. The chrome gas cap was looking pretty pathetic next to the new paint. I bought a new one from Moss, but am not sure how to get the old one out without messing up the new paint. The new one is not threaded. The old one is also not threaded. Late TR 3As thru TR 3Bs use one described as: GAS CAP, w/integral extension. It slides in and out, but not easily. I cannot make my old one move. Has anyone on the list had any experience with replacing that cap? Allan Stults Veneta, Oregon '62 TR 3B ** triumphs at autox.team.net ** Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tony at tonydrews.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From boleaver at gmail.com Sun Oct 4 11:52:49 2026 From: boleaver at gmail.com (Bob Leaver) Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 11:52:49 -0600 Subject: [TR] (no subject) Message-ID: What is the best place to sell a 1965 Triumph Tr4a? 93,000 miles good condition. Runs good -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From lherault at verizon.net Sun Oct 4 14:14:12 2026 From: lherault at verizon.net (Ron L"Herault) Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 16:14:12 -0400 Subject: [TR] Bob Leaver's post In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <000501dd543c$ec73dcd0$c55b9670$@verizon.net> Close to home is best, I would think. I've never had experience with craigslist, Amazon Market place etc., but then again, I haven't bought a sports car since 1979 and that one was less than a mile from home. So, where's home Bob? I know of someone who might be interested if the location and condition are what he's looking for. Ron L -----Original Message----- Today's Topics: 1. (no subject) (Bob Leaver) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 11:52:49 -0600 From: Bob Leaver To: triumphs at autox.team.net Subject: [TR] (no subject) Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" What is the best place to sell a 1965 Triumph Tr4a? 93,000 miles good condition. Runs good -------------- next part -------------- From rjray.architect at gmail.com Sun Oct 4 16:58:26 2026 From: rjray.architect at gmail.com (rjray.architect at gmail.com) Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 17:58:26 -0500 Subject: [TR] Bob Leaver's post In-Reply-To: <000501dd543c$ec73dcd0$c55b9670$@verizon.net> References: <000501dd543c$ec73dcd0$c55b9670$@verizon.net> Message-ID: <00ff01dd5453$debb52a0$9c31f7e0$@gmail.com> I have bought three cars from the live auction website www.Bringatrailer.com And I know people that have sold cars on that website. They all said it was a good experience. Generally, I think it cost $100 to list a car and the buyer pays maybe 5 percent of the sale price to Bring a Trailer. Take a look at the site. Search for the car you want to sell and see what similar cars have sold for. Ron -----Original Message----- From: Triumphs On Behalf Of Ron L"Herault Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2026 3:14 PM To: triumphs at autox.team.net Subject: [TR] Bob Leaver's post Close to home is best, I would think. I've never had experience with craigslist, Amazon Market place etc., but then again, I haven't bought a sports car since 1979 and that one was less than a mile from home. So, where's home Bob? I know of someone who might be interested if the location and condition are what he's looking for. Ron L -----Original Message----- Today's Topics: 1. (no subject) (Bob Leaver) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 11:52:49 -0600 From: Bob Leaver To: triumphs at autox.team.net Subject: [TR] (no subject) Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" What is the best place to sell a 1965 Triumph Tr4a? 93,000 miles good condition. Runs good -------------- next part -------------- ** triumphs at autox.team.net ** Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rjray.architect at gmail.com From frogeye at porterscustom.com Tue Oct 6 15:57:02 2026 From: frogeye at porterscustom.com (David P) Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 15:57:02 -0600 Subject: [TR] TR6 heater assembly Message-ID: Winter is coming.. have a dysfunctional heater? I replaced mine with a better one and rather than chuck the old one I removed the motor and packed the end bearings and did a small amount of clean up. Anyway it's very usable and does not leak. $100.00? plus shipping in US. There is a good tutorial if one wants to do a complete restoration. It's a miserable R&R. His short cut is the way to go, unless one wants to do the entire dash clean up/repair. Unsure but it may also be adaptable to TR4's and 250's ? Dave in Albuquerque. -- DBA Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 87107 ph 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/