[TR] Timken?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:59:00 MDT 2021

On 10/11/21 6:55 AM, David Friedlander wrote:
> Greetings, all!
>
> Moss and TRF only mention RHP and Koyo brands for the
> TR3 throw-out bearing. But what about Timken? Anyone
> had experience with this item?
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O
> <https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O>

Timken has always been the gold standard of American manufactured
bearings. But I have heard that they shipped manufacturing overseas and
the quality is rumored to be not up to that of American made bearings. I
have never heard that claim substantiated as Timken as a quality
reputation to maintain through quality manufacturing.

To this day I personally always specify Timken or GKN bearings and GKN
U-joints for my cars.

TeriAnn