[TR] Grade 2 lock nuts

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Fri May 14 11:38:55 MDT 2021

I believe that those bolts have a ground shank of an exact length so that they act as dowel pins. I would use at least a grade 5 nut. If you can’t find locknuts, I don’t see why some red Loctite wouldn’t work. A free driveshaft, whipping around in its tunnel at speed, would probably be a negative experience.

Alex Thomson