[TR] TR2-3-4 Engine and Rad Taps

Kinderlehrer kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Sun May 2 11:40:04 MDT 2021

Hi Brian,

Moss's response to the leaking issue was "they all do that". It's been many
years since I had this same issue. I solved it by taking the valve apart and
polishing the parts. I don't remember how I polished them, maybe it was
compound or 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper.  Some PTFE on the threads that go
into the block or radiator also helps. Anyway, no drips since.  I had to do
this on 2 radiators.

The other alternative is to use a "modern" petcock.

Hope this helps,

Bob