[TR] Angle drive for speedo

Q HDRider570 at att.net
Sat Mar 6 12:36:15 MST 2021

If memory serves me it is used at the age counter which triggers a light
on the dash when it is time to replace the O2 sensor.  It is still a one
to one ratio unit.

The speedo cable is two piece unit.  The first section ends at the
counter which is basically an odometer but shows percentage till
replacement rather than mileage.  When it rolls over it triggers the
dash light.  There is a special key to reset the counter thus turning
the dash light out.  I think that it measures 40,000 miles which is the
estimate life of the O2 sensor.

The second section of speedo cable runs to the speedometer from the
counter.  The counter sits just below the brake master cylinder in a
tight spot thus the need for the right angle drive.

Edward Hamer

Petaluma CA