[TR] Alternator that looks like a TR3 generator

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 15:24:54 MDT 2021

     I bought one from British Parts Northwest several years ago (they are
out of stock now). Worked good until my car overheated and somehow took the
alternator with it. I seem to recall paying about $200 for it originally.
Took it to an alternator shop and had it rebuilt for about $160. It ran for
about one thousand miles and then died again. I switched it over to a GM
10si unit from Triumphs Rescue. No complaints other than it is ugly and took
some grinding on the case to make it fit.

https://www.bpnorthwest.com/triumph/tr2-tr3-tr4-tr4a/engine-electrical/charg
ing-system/alternator-generator-new-tr2-to-tr4a.html

     I see the Dynalites for sale on Ebay for serious money. Good luck.
     Too bad those original 1980 Ford Fiesta German Bosch alternators are so
hard to find now.

     -Bill Brewer
     Morro Bay, CA