[TR] TR4A W/W Motor & Switch

keithstewart at bell.net keithstewart at bell.net
Sat Jun 5 12:50:52 MDT 2021

I had a dead short in the W/W motor for my 67 TR4A. I sourced and installed
a reconditioned Lucas Two Speed DR3A (75568). The reconditioned motor works
BUT the first pull of the switch does nothing. Pulling to the second
position on the switch starts the motor turning the wipers. The original
switch is wired such that pin 7 goes to ground (as does the ground wire on
the motor case). The Red/Green wire on the motor goes to pin 8 on the
switch. The Brown/Green wire on the motor goes to pin 4 on the switch. The
Green wire on the motor goes to power.

One other problem, after the wipers park, on power up the wiper spindles
rotate downward toward the cowl (counter clockwise when looking at the
spindles). I was going to adjust the parking switch cup 180 degrees to
rectify this problem, but before doing so thought I would ask here in case
there is something incorrect about the wiring that might also be causing the
movement problem.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net