[TR] TR 6 evaporative system

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Jul 30 05:36:59 MDT 2021

 It could be many things.  I had an issue like this but the engine died after a few minutes.  When I opened the gas filler there was a great rush of air and the tank oil-canned.  My problem turned out to be the vinyl hose leading from the trunk area to the engine bar had sagged down and contacted the exhaust system and melted shut.
Make sure your system is per design and not missing something.  There is typically a liquid/vapor separator near the tank.  If that was bypassed you will get liquid fuel where it shouldn't be.

Dave