[TR] Timing chain TR4A

Greg Lemon grglmn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 17:18:51 MDT 2021

Back in the dark ages, when I did my first chain replacement we had no
internet, and I don't know what I had for a manual.  Anyway, the logical
way to take the chain apart and put it on so as not to disturb timing.

I was a little stumped when the chain didn't have a master link, but pushed
on, prying off a link and then somehow (lost in distant memory) peened the
ends with the chain on the car engine and engine in the car.  It never came
apart in many years and thousands of miles after.

Still would recommend removing the gears and fitting together as Richard
has suggested.

Greg Lemon
TR250