[TR] Timing chain TR4A

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 15:57:59 MDT 2021

Ok,
Since I am already down to having all the parts removed to do the timing
cover oil seal and gasket, I am thinking of just doing the chain.  I believe
it has been changed once, the gap is 8mm per the factory manual which is
less than the 10mm recommended for a change.  Tensioner still looks shiny
without much wear from chain at all.  I have bever changed the chain.  Have
the sprockets aligned at TDC marks.  How do I 1) remove the chain and 2)
install the new one.  Does a link pin get removed?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated!
Jim henningsen
Ocala, FL
61 3A "Lord Neville"
67 4A "Sir Charles"  named in honor of Charles Runyan
75 6  "Ms. Molly"  She is a bit butch
81 8 "Sir Stirling"