[TR] Starting car after storage

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at centurylink.net
Wed Jul 21 10:48:26 MDT 2021

It's been a while since I jacked up the car so please bear with me.

The following link is for a photo taken from the back of the car (TR3A).

It shows:

Fat round crossmember (looks like someone had welded on a towing hitch at
one time!)

Thin round crossmember

Pumpkin

Can I put the floor- jack under the fat round crossmember (under the
remnants of the towing hitch)?

I used to use the floor- jack under the pumpkin and then place jack stands
under the square lengthways frame but google tells me jacking under the
pumpkin may distort the lip and possibly lead to leaks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zk9fLUH_bag2C5XwbpjhUldzWdmbjBX-/view?usp=s
haring

Cheers