[TR] TR3 spare tire pan

auprichard at uprichard.net auprichard at uprichard.net
Fri Jul 16 15:01:59 MDT 2021

Listers:

I recently came across a really nice '58 overdrive TR3A which appeared solid
in every respect until I opened the spare tire cover - see pic. The whole
compartment was full of mouse nests (and dead mice) - I had cleared some
before I decided a picture might be indicated. The spare tire floor is
roached.

This is a car I would like to get running and then turn over to someone on
this or another list.  I don't want to spend a lot on it, but then again I
am not about to take shortcuts on a car which is otherwise rust-free.

By chance, does anyone have a spare tire pan, either new or in good used
condition?

As an aside, I was so excited to get the car running, only to find the
clutch is not working.  I am guessing a broken taper pin. As my wife always
reminds me - this is the joy of owning a Triumph. Sure...

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan