[TR] eBay

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 31 14:32:18 MST 2021

I fail to understand how you can owe taxes on something you already paid
for with income left over after paying fed and state income taxes. For
example: Say I have some NOS oil filters that I picked up from TRF years
ago but decided to sell the car and I no longer need them. So I decide
to sell them for whatever I can get. How is paying say 10$ for the
original filter and then selling it for 5$ income?

Earlier in the Fall I sold a few tools I will never use again because my
restoration days are over. They went for about 25% of their current value.

Also; say you sell a used car in a private deal. How can that be income?
I sold a motor cycle and a used car a few years ago. The buyer has to
pay sales tax when they registered them but this is not income.

Bob