[TR] Should I put Redline MT-90 in my Triumph diff?

Rochlin Robert rrochlin at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 13:37:09 MST 2021

	I use 30 non detergent oil in my transmission.  When I had Quantum Mechanics rebuild my transmission years ago John Esposito recommended that I run 30 ND oil. At some point I used Redline Oil fro a couple of years and it worked well, but the only difference I could really notice between the Redline and 30 ND was that in cold weather the redline shifted more easily when cold, but during the summer and in the fall when the car warmed up both worked equally well.  The advantage of to 30 Wt. is that I can change it as part of winter maintenance for about $10.00, assuring that any metal wear bits are cleaned out.  I’ve been running Mobil synthetic 90 wt. in the differential.
	Best,
	Bob
	'72 TR6