[TR] TR4A Horn Question

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Jan 27 18:15:37 MST 2021

 Dave, if those are the old style Windtone horns, like the ones on my TR3, check the insulators on the relay mechanism inside the horns.  One of mine started breaking down and created a short to ground.  I made a replacement out of some modern thermoplastic and restored proper operation.
If that is a 20 amp SAE fuse 17 amps will be handled easily by the fuse.  It is rated to carry 20 amps continuously and will trip at 35 - 40 amps.

Dave