[TR] Did any Triumph use this leather lined seal?

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Wed Jan 27 02:39:32 MST 2021

Leather was used extensively for a seal material years ago. Although they were bought out by SKF some ten years ago or so, the Chicago Rawhide company was probably the biggest or second biggest manufacturer of shaft seals in the U.S. Any seal that had a C/R stamped in it next to the part number was one of their products. National is the other big manufacturer and I think they might be part of Timken now.

Alex Thomson