[TR] TR4

Dave MacKay dave at mdmackay.ca
Sun Jan 17 13:37:54 MST 2021

>Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 14:14:08 -0800

>From: James B Mills <jbmills at roadrunner.com>

>Subject: Re: [TR] TR4

>I enjoyed the video, but feel it lacked a real disassembly/reassembly
description.  My ?63 TR4 is in my garage - in pieces, including the
engine.  I took it completely apart with the intention of a complete
restoration (not to the level of competing at shows - want >to drive it
again, like I did when I was 26 [am 76 now].  The reassembly task is very
intimidating for fear I?ll screw it up.  Are there other videos out there
that that show a complete reassembly?

Dave “Tush” Tushingham has an extensive range of videos on YouTube. Tush is
a past President of the Toronto Triumph Club and has documented several
restorations in great detail: a TR6, 2 x TR3A, and a TR4 among others.
Currently, he’s working on a TR250. As an example, each TR3A restoration
has over 100 videos! You can find him on YouTube by searching for
“cheftush”. Here’s a link: https://www.youtube.com/c/cheftush/featured

Elin Yakov (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8MBWMaGHLbGwDrrzbddevA) was
also mentioned. He and Dave are good friends and often appear in each
other’s videos. Elin has a playlist documenting a TR4 engine rebuild.

Good luck!

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L

near Toronto, Canada