[TR] close ratio steering

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 12 16:07:19 MST 2021

Dave, You should ask Moss and BPNW your question but I believe it will not. The answer might be yes if you can confirm an early TR4 rack is the same PN as a late TR4 and a TR4A. I do recall hearing of failure of the close ratio racks as they were not “pinned” and the tube would loosen. I also seem to recall if the racks were made in Argentina that those were the ones which failed. You might try Googling TR4 Steering rack failures too.
JVV