[TR] Vacuum Advance of a delco remy

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Mon Jan 11 20:31:19 MST 2021

ditto on the vac description sounding bass-ackwards.
you want little to no vac adv when accelerating (low manifold vacuum)
and lot on very high manifold vac (cruising/idling)
Vac Adv the vac port is pointing away from the dist body. Vac retard the
port is on the dist side of the vac assy.

On the heat... VERY common for Spit engines to end up with an air bubble
trapped in the head.  Sounds odd... but park your car on a very (VERY)
steep hill or up on high ramps.
check the rad fluid level. Put the cap back on and let it warm up.
(thermostat opens) Let it cool enough to recheck your rad fluid level.
...betting you'll see the level is lower as the air in the head moves to
the higher rad upper tank.

It's not so much that the head is above the rad as it is the passage
ways for the air to escape are below where air can get trapped.

btdt.

ptegler

Paul Tegler
ptegler at verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com