[TR] wow - the TR4 / TR4A sold for over $30,000

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 21:13:31 MST 2021

Crazy days on BaT for sure.  It used to be a site to find fair cars and values and better for buyers.  This TR4 was a really nice car, no matter the 4 or 4A part.  The car was refinished to a very high standard and $20-30K just ain't what it used to be.  Just try buying a good car for $20K, new or used.  The average price for a new car is at least $38K.
The TR3 was a well cared for car in the past, obviously by a Triumph enthusiast.  It had lots of past issues showing through the paint and chassis, but it should provide lots of pleasure to the new owner.
I have seen really bad TRs get these prices on BaT and really excellent cars sell for similar prices.  That's what I don't get.  The best cars should sell at twice the price of the funky ones, but it's obvious most bidders just don't know the difference.  They just see a cute car with shiny paint that reminds them of the good old days and $20-30k is seemingly the entry level cost for a classic car.  BaT is definitely a sellers market now.
Crazy days,
Dave H.