[TR] TR6 starter

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Feb 14 17:50:49 MST 2021

This is a high torque starter that I just pulled out of my TR6.  There was a
lot of stinky smoke.

Anyone have any idea what caused this?  or seen anything like this before?
It must be about 10 or even 15 years old.  No more than 10k miles ago.

I started the car the other day; it was in the mid 20's.  let it idle for
probably 10 or 15 minutes.  Drove a few miles and smelled it.  pulled off
and popped the hood.  Lots of smoke coming out.

Towed it home and ordered a new starter.