[TR] 4A engine question

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:26:10 MST 2021

How much clearance should there be between the steering rack and the front
fan crank extension?  On my recently acquired 67 4A, I have visible wear on
the crank extension from rubbing the steering rack.  I replaced both engine
mounts that needed to be changed with new round ones.  The car had a
rectangular one and a round one on the other side.  Go figure.  I now have
only .010 inch space between the rack and extension.  I suppose any amount
is good, but that seems small.  Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
34471