[TR] I'm Back!! TR2 Rear Oil Seal and Brake Drum Removal Issues

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at outlook.com
Mon Aug 30 15:29:17 MDT 2021

Lockheed 9” brake shoes are difficult to find. I know, I was looking for a set earlier this summer.

You can have the brake shoes relined. I asked the list for recommended shops about two months ago, and can dig out the replies if you’d like.

Personally, I would not use oil-soaked shoes. The oil will have soaked into whatever pore space is in the friction material. I don’t think the kitty litter will do a thing at least in the time frame you would like (maybe if left for years?). Cleaning with solvent will remove only the surface layers of oil.

Cliff