[TR] DOT3 to DOT5 conversion update

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Aug 21 16:55:36 MDT 2021

I picked up a rattle can of high build primer, Royal Blue base coat and catalyst clear coat yesterday to repair the damaged paint on the firewall and the master cylinder mounting bracket. I get my new clutch master cylinder and slave on Monday.
I was going to use my blast cabinet to strip the bubbled up finish in the mounting bracket but need to give the cabinet some TLC first. I figured I would just use a wire wheel on a drill to get down to bare metal on the firewall. Then about a gallon of wax & grease remover to make sure I get all the DOT3 residue off.
One thing I wanted to throw out there is that I am thinking about using my Mighty-Vac to pull the DOT5 through the lines vs. pumping it through via the petal. Do you think that method would reduce the potential of trapped air?
Dave Connitt

Sent from my iPhone