[TR] TR6 in Competition

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 08:24:54 MDT 2021

Hi,
Several things:
The Paul Newman story is well documented in both video and printed format - check them out.
There is a book about the Works Triumphs - you might find some information there.
I'm pretty sure the 75 McComb SCCA championship was D Prod. Newman's 76 was DP - the car had been reclassified from C Prod.
There was a film released about the Denny Wilson runner up race - I've seen it on YouToob. It's funny hearing David Hobbs early in his broadcast career. I say that as a consumate David Hobbs fan, of course.
Back to the Newman car - it was the same car that McComb drove - sold to PLN and raced and then sold. That car (and as legend has it) was totalled but re-emerged in the mid to late 80's and was purchased and restored by Bill Warner  (Amelia Island) and sold somewhat recently to Adam Corolla. When Warner had the car, it was dressed as Gp 44, Corolla has returned the car to PLN livery.
Depending on what you are looking for, I may be able to help you with other TR6 competition information...
Regards,Bob Lang