[TR] Potential Scam

Dave MacKay dave at mdmackay.ca
Tue Apr 20 12:42:08 MDT 2021

I got the same message on Saturday except that:

   - it said that my contact info had been provided by Jim McDonald (not
   Jim Turner) of the British Car Club Of America
   - the sender claimed to be Peter Reinert at pt4506 at gmail.com (not James
   & Denise McLean)

Although I thought the message was odd, I replied to let him know that I
thought he had been directed to me in error and that I didn't know how I
could help him. He replied within 15 minutes of my message, thanking me for
my e-mail and saying that he was interested in 50's XKs and E-Type Jaguars.

Since he was all over the map in what he was looking for, I figured he
likely a scammer using someone else's (or a fictitious) name. Based on the
fact that Michael received an almost identical e-mail, we can be sure it’s
a scam.

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L

near Toronto, Canada

>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:07:38 +0000

>From: Michael Marr <mmarr at albiontechnical.com>

>Subject: [TR] Potential Scam

>I got this email this morning. Did anybody else?  I believe it?s a scam.
I?ve never heard of the British Car Club of America and the language used
is a little off.  Thoughts?

http://autox.team.net/pipermail/triumphs/attachments/20210420/80257b69/attachment-0001.png