[TR] cions of ucas

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 08:59:50 MDT 2021

On 4/11/21 5:58 AM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> On this day 30 years ago Team.Net came into being.  The British-cars
> mailing list was already going strong, an offshoot from rec.autos
> Usenet group.  Dale Cook, Jim Muller, then me. Team.net went from 2
> lists at the beginning, autox and british-cars, and exploded into
> nearly 70 different lists with something like 15,000 individuals
> subscribed at its peak.  For a while it was pretty much the only game
> in town.  As I recall, when I attended the SCCA Solo II Nationals
> 25th Anniversary event, something like 2/3rds of the 1,000+ entrants
> were on the autox list.

As I recall, Dale Cook of Apollo Computers & MGB owner started the
original British car mail list in 1987. He started by sending emails to
those of us who were posting on rec.autos and asking us if we wanted to
join the email list he was creating. Soon to be named SOL, standing for
Scions of Lucas. The history of the group from its earliest email list
roots goes back about 34 years, about 4 years before team.net

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*