[TR] TR2 front brake conversion

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 18:39:31 MDT 2021

 Hear, Hear! The comparison to early MGA is especially appropriate, as they are very, very similar Lockheed systems.Years ago, a friend of mine with an MGA 1500 wanted me to check his brakes out. The car really didn't stop all that well, primarily because only one front wheel was actually benefiting from functional brakes! I got him going -- and stopping -- well again with a complete overhaul at all four corners. My only regret was trying to save him money by going with "pattern" wheel cylinders rather than the available-but-more-expensive OE Lockheed parts. Those wheel cylinders did function, but they were so badly cast that it took far too much time to carefully file them to fit.

--Andy
Andrew Mace
ZoboHerald at aol.com

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us