[TR] Electric fan for TR2

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 10:23:34 MDT 2020

Puller fans with shroud mounting is most efficient, but that means removing the original fan.  Front/push mounting can block normal flow.  The cable tie attachment is quick and easy, but can cause eventual damage to the radiator.  MGBs use a front mounted pusher fans with brackets.  You might consider this type of arrangement.  The MG auxiliary fans have a more classic look and might fit nicely with custom fabricated brackets.  Cobras use a similar arrangement.  I don't know how compatible this would be with the standard grill and opening of a TR2.  I don't think there is room between the grill and radiator for a modern low profile fan.
I have a Griffin aluminum radiator with a puller fan and shroud, all purchased as a unit from Griffin.  Not inexpensive at $700, but it's a quality setup.  There are less expensive (cheaper) options.
Good luck,
Dave H.