[TR] 1955 TR2 master cylinder

John Deluca john-marie at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 16:01:34 MDT 2020

Listers,
My original MC has been professionally rebuilt.  The MC has been installed for 6 mo. but only driven about 8 “test” miles.  The MC leaks around the seal...and I’m using Dot 3. The filler cap is installed on the back side at the exit pipes per the manual.  I’ve read somewhere that the reservoir should not be filled completely, but don’t remember the exact criteria.  Also, would changing to a cork gasket help?  Is cork compatible with Dot 3?  I understand that this is a common problem, but I’d like to reduce the problem to something like a weep.  Thanks.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad