[TR] Small coolant leak

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:09:49 MDT 2020

So, here's a thought.   Clean and dry the valve.  Close it up tight.  Take
a ~tiny~ bit of sealant of your choice, and seal the disc to the body.  Not
so much as to be a concern if it should drift into the cooling system -
just enough to do the job.  Then insert it into the block.

The valve should still operate as desired when you have to drain the block,
at which time you can re-seal it.  You still control the direction of flow
of coolant (which is the advantage of the drain tap vs. the plug, and you
still get that period look.