[TR] Battery troubles

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:43:17 MDT 2020

Solar is an OLD name in battery chargers and testers.  Basically it is the
good stuff.  I remember our local service station (remember those) had a
big rolling Solar brand battery test cart.  Would charge or test anything
from a 6v motorcycle battery all the way up to a 24v semi-truck battery.
When that station finally closed my dad went to the auction and tried to
buy that rig.  I don't know how much it went for but I know he came home
empty handed.

It was a Battery tender brand unit (Junior model) that cooked the
motorcycle battery, but I have been using these and a 4-bank battery tender
plus on my Triumphs for years without issue.  It seems to me they only tend
to cause issues with smaller batteries.

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =