[TR] A little story about Coker tires

Steve Kirby sackirby at chinaautogroup.com
Tue Oct 13 16:29:11 MDT 2020

Balancing wire wheels/tires is truly a dying art.  We have one “old guy” in the LA area still doing it right.  First you must true the wheel and be sure the spokes are tight.  Then you mount the tire and true it (yes you do cut rubber off a brand new tire).  Then you balance the tire and wheel on the car so that you are balancing out variations in the drum or rotor.  4 tires = $700 including new tubes.  But they ride like butter.

Steve Kirby
President
China Auto Group
22831 Avenida Empresa