[TR] Old fuel

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Nov 13 08:20:15 MST 2020

 Old gas is a recipe for a big mess, as you have discovered.  First, I would drain the tank as best as possible.  If you are lucky you might get away with filling it with fresh gas which might dilute/dissolve the residual varnish and the engine can burn it without too much issue.  Worst case involves pulling the tank and getting it professionally flushed and cleaned.    Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

What to do with old gas?  If you know anyone planning a bonfire in the near future this would make a good starter.  Or save it for the next community hazardous material recycle event.

Dave