[TR] TR4 fuel oder in storage

staffel staffel at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 13:19:25 MST 2020

20 Yrs,ago I built my Garage/TR4 workshop and also, once enclosed noticed fuel vapirs snell, especially around thexrear if the car/ trunk area. Thanks to full examination & reported to this list, the main culprit was the actuak fuel tank Snap cap seal, even though it was fairly new.The solution for me, 18 yrs now, is to put a simple folded over ( 4 layers) plastic  zip bag (or equivalent) over the filler neck and  between the cap seal shen the cap is pushed down so it is fully catch closed. The original Stromberg CD carbs evaporation is negligible.Sherman D Taffel, PhDColumbia, MD65 TR4 CT50054LOriginal ownerSent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone