[TR] TR7/TR8 blinker question

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun May 24 06:42:57 MDT 2020

 As does the TR8.  Heck even the TR250 has separate flashers for the turn and hazard lamps.  Since the turn signals only work when the key is ON but the hazards must work regardless they get their power from different sources.  Using two flasher units simplifies the wiring.

As I recall the turn signal flasher is mounted behind the instrument panel and the hazard flasher is in the passenger footwell, but I might have that reversed.
Standard troubleshooting procedures apply.  If both sides are acting the same way look at the parts of the circuit that are common to both.  That would be the flasher and the hazard switch (since the hazard switch connects the lamps to either circuit).  A dodgy contact in that switch can cause these symptoms.  The turn signals draw their power from the same fuse as the wipers so if the wipers work the fuse is good.

Dave