[TR] Tr3a steering tight after rebuild

Art McEwen amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Fri May 22 07:35:02 MDT 2020

Further update.

So I think what happened is my final torque down of the end cap on the steering box was tighter than my shim bench tests or something settled during that and caused binding. When I took it all off and reset everything with a McGiver'd way of measuring the float it all seemed good on 2nd install. The new bushings/felt in the upper shaft added some stiffness too.

BTW some claim this can be done without removing the cowl (and therefore presumably the rad), I'd pay good money to see that on youtube....