[TR] Evapo-Rust has the formula changed?

bill beecher notakitcar at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 13:07:47 MDT 2020

Is it this one, or the gel?

Serenity Now......

On May 21, 2020, at 12:58 PM, Don Hiscock <don.hiscock at gmail.com> wrote:

There are two suppliers of Evapo-Rust, due to some weird licensing I've never figured out.  There's "real" Evapo-Rust in the silver-gray container from Harris International Labs, and there's "licensed" Evapo-Rust from Orison Marketing.

It may be arbitrary and non-technical, but I will only use silver-gray "real" Evapo-Rust now.  I think it works better.  Which one are you referring to, Sujit?

For those who don't know the stuff, here's some recent fun I had with some old spark plugs left in a workbench drawer by the previous owners of my house twenty-plus years ago.  These plugs are older than that.  Before and after Evapo-Rust shown.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-dZHgWFf/0/b8d9aad5/X5/i-dZHgWFf-X5.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-GRnjRNV/0/977f00be/X5/i-GRnjRNV-X5.jpg

Here's the hose clamp from the original heater on my TR3B before and after Evapo-Rust.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-JsZ3sbQ/0/fff5f613/X5/i-JsZ3sbQ-X5.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZJtx4z7/0/4d9f81b5/X5/i-ZJtx4z7-X5.jpg

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html