[TR] Vitesse OD Identification

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Mon May 18 18:55:55 MDT 2020

that's a late j-type o/d on a 3-rail GT6 box. Rarer setup but not -uncommon.

yes...they delay a bit before dropping into o/d compared to the hard
'bang' of a d-type. A slight lift in power and it should engage sooner.
If not, time for a oil change. Some say straight 30WT non-detergent,
I've always run the factory spec Castrol Hypoy 90.
Actually they are the same viscosity. The difference is the gear oil has
shear additives where the motor oil does not.

ptegler