[TR] [6pack] Master Cylinder Rebuild

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun May 17 08:36:44 MDT 2020

Hello,

Not sure what the problems are here. I rebuilt the MC on my 72 6 and I
am in my 12th season. Now I did use the dot 5 synthetic fluid from TRF.

The MC on my 58 3 had the seals replaced about 10 years ago and not a
problem since.

Same with the 63 4. Rebuild MC and clutch MC and used the same dot 5
from TRF. No problems for over 15 seasons.

Before I rebuilt the 3 MC, I did notice it weeping a bit. I have never
had a total failure in over 50 years of Triumph ownership.

I know this is of little help to understand the failures but I did want
to let you know what you are experiencing is very unusual in my opinion.

Bob