[TR] [EXTERNAL] Re: Ideas, anyone?

Reihing, Randall S. Randall.Reihing at utoledo.edu
Fri May 15 20:07:38 MDT 2020

Don't know for sure on TR4's but some engines source their oil pressure from the rear cam bearing, not the oil pump, mains or rod bearings. Where does the TR4 source it's oil pressure? If it comes from the rear cam bearing and if that clearance is excessive it could result in a very low pressure at idle with hot oil. Oil pumps are volumetric flow pumps not necessarily pressure pumps, so you might be fine if the oil pressure gauge senses it's pressure indication from the rear cam bearing. Just a thought.

Randall Reihing
1959 TR3A