[TR] [6pack] Possible Team Net outage

andrew uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed May 13 16:52:26 MDT 2020

But were the cars OK??

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: 6pack <6pack-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Mark J Bradakis via 6pack
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:01 PM
To: list 6pack <6pack at autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Possible Team Net outage

We had some severe wind gusts in Salt Lake Monday afternoon, about half of a large tree blew over, sort of hitting the garage and some cars. Take a look at http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg to get an idea of what happened.  Inside that marked off area you can see a black wire.  That is Team Net's connection to the world. Getting all the fallen branches off that wire is beyond my capabilities.  We've contacted some professional tree removers, haven't heard back yet, so not sure when the mess will be cleaned up.

So basically if we get more wind gusts over the next day or two all that debris could shift and take out that network cable.  And Team Net would be off the air for who knows how long.  So be aware of that possibility.  If it happens, you might be seeing a status message from hoosierq at gmail.com that may look suspicious at first glance.  It will be from me.

And another note, the old problem of delayed email seems to be occurring again.  Currently the delay is one the order of an hour or so, I'll be looking into the situation.

Fun times indeed!

mjb.

Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive