[TR] TR3A OVERDRIVE

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 10:19:41 MDT 2020

My favorite (what I use) is Redline MT-90 gear oil.  It meets the original
GL4 specification, and is specifically designed for use in synchronized
manual transmissions.

I can't say I noticed any change in overdrive operation (over the Valvoline
20W50 racing oil I used to use), but it made a noticeable improvement in
synchro operation.

Not cheap, and prices vary widely, so shop around.  I found a case on Amazon
for a good price, so I've got a lifetime supply :)

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild